Sometimes I crave a simple pasta dish with simple ingredients. I am a huge fan of all kinds of pasta but I love making sauceless ones at home.
Pasta is fun to make, even when you don’t think you have all the ingredients you need. I like to make up recipes with the things I have in my pantry or in my fridge. And it usually works out well. That’s why I love making pasta because all I really need is pasta noodles and maybe some good olive oil and parmesan — all the things I must have at home.
In large pan, heat olive oil and add chopped onions, cubed sausage, and sliced artichoke (in water: You can use artichokes in olive oil but I like using the ones in water, because of less calories and it’s more refreshing, too).
Season with salt, black pepper, and some smoked paprika.
Add chopped fresh tomatoes and chopped basil leaves.
Add cooked angel hair pasta to the pan.
Add garlic salt and grated parmesan cheese. I used dried parmesan cheese but you can definitely use freshly grated parmesan cheese, or both.
And ta-da! It’s all ready to go!
Skillet Pasta with Sausage and Parmesan
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 sausage link, cubed
- ½ cup bottled or canned artichoke hearts (in water)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or paprika)
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- angel hair pasta, cooked (use about ½ of a box)
- garlic salt to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook angel hair pasta.
- Heat olive oil in large pan over medium high heat. Add onion, sausage, and artichoke hearts to the pan and stir. Add salt, black pepper, and paprika, stirring. Add the tomatoes and basil leaves, stirring. Add the pasta to the pan and stir well.
- Season with your favorite garlic salt to taste and add as much as parmesan cheese you’d like.